* Hi there. This is a blog where I'll try, as best as I can, to describe the process of writing my first novel titled:

commrad calculator Quits Smoking

{create change}

|* A quick post because the ideas i have for my next story haven't found the right time to break though here. Instead I will do a throwback post; I used to have a dream of website consisting solely of art that my friends made. Sadly it never became what I had dreamed, because it required a full-time commitment to really flurish, with no benefit besides lovely art. Anyways here is one piece, a small strip by my friend ryan. It details a night we did not sleep. this night was followed by one of the best sleeps of my life, ever. I just kept waking up in the warm sun thinking 'this is such a great sleep. enjoy it more!'. and I did.

the same boat trip in the strip also inspired song lyrics I've written. they are included below

Lastley a song for this post. In the theme of my friend's art here is my oldest music friend, Freebie with shark eating a blue whale (goth mix). (<-dead link. will fix soon) enjoy my memories, and I promise next post will be a real story. *|






"..Supposed to be in my prime, I'm"


staying inside
7 days, 31 days, one whole glass of water.

I could almost go back out: 23 hours ago, 59 seconds ago, 11 months ago, all incomplete memories:
myself as a child, on a frozen sheet with waves poking through the one hole
keeping me from the other shore

but I'm stuck here, in my glass, in my bucket at the bottom of a well
built from these irreducable pasts that pushpull, up and down
5 years,
then 3,
then 2,
then I
smile
and think


"then o
to be in-between
the sand and the sea
the lake and the line of trees"








moving through each moment
pressed nowhere in-between
memories and dreams.
but we try to stop the future moving past:
staying up all night,
painting the sun rising over the burning treeline
waves splashing on the canvas pulling colours down.

We have failed before and will fail again, feeling the pushpull and closing our eyes




I will fall asleep out on the water
mouth wide open. dreams will move in and leave
I will forget these pieces of poems,they will forget me: tension in the cracks of buildings; weight waves out & in, the way you fold your hands.
In the way you fold your hands
I could connect those words, memories to make
I could read them aloud, and cough up some more water;




this same water from before,
pushing me, pulling me
back to shore









|* LINKS: FREEBIE'S MYSPACE *|

1 comment:

mark said...

mark: this poem is good. you are a talented writer.

-ole burnsy from 60 robert

Blog Archive

Creative Commons License Comrade Calculator Quits Smoking by Mark Kowgier is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Canada License.