* Hi there. This is a blog where I'll try, as best as I can, to describe the process of writing my first novel titled:

commrad calculator Quits Smoking

A New Update to An Old Blog

{60, 668 words
9/9 chapters done}



Well it certainly has been awhile, but I'm done the book. In fact I've been done for well over a year now. Here are some links to catch you up:


- I had one of my poems published here: http://incongruousquarterly.com/2010/07/a-function-of-violent-games/


- the novel is currently being copy edited (almost done!) by the wonderfull Emma Healey Editor-in-Chief of the incongruous quarterly  


- I have been teaching English literature full time for the past year and a half. Check out our class blog: http://kowgier.blogspot.com/


- I just started up a new poetry project: http://theendlesspoem.tumblr.com/


- I am putting together a proposal for the book on kickstarter.com, more info on that soon...


- next week is march break. I will use this rare batch of free time to launch a domain to publish/promote my writing. Stay tuned...


- last but not least here is a brief plot outline of the novel: 


comrade calculator is an humanoid female robot  built to live indefinitely. Her purpose is to calculate infinity. Over a hundred years later she puts forward an answer. It is a poem. This small poem causes her to lose public support and her government job.  To stay alive she ends up working in a museum, as part of an exhibit on Calculation. Soon she begins to moonlight in the Smoking Exhibit. My book tells the story of her various attempts to quit smoking.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Creative Commons License Comrade Calculator Quits Smoking by Mark Kowgier is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Canada License.